Friday, July 26, 2013

Pictorial & FOTD: Mac Illustrated Face Kit by Rebecca Moses



Face, eyes, and lips using Mac Illustrated Face Kit! I did not have time to take a full face shot using my camera or my phone so I took a screen shot of the video I posted on Instagram earlier today. (I was running late to an appointment!) I also made a pictorial for the look! It is super basic and easy to do!

I wanted to post my thoughts of each component in the kit now that I tried all of them. Let's begin with the eye shadows. "Orb" applies extremely on my skin. Orb is good to diffuse color and harsh lines on the crease. "All That Glitters" shows up sheer, so the best way to use this color is with a damp brush or to spray Fix+ on the brush for better pigmentation. I thought "Smoked Sepia" and "Showstopper" were a disappointment. The colors look and swatched beautifully but I had a hard time working with both colors. "Smoked Sepia" was difficult to blend and I didn't like the formula. I was expecting a chestnut brown and I didn't get that. I thought "Showstopper" would be very dark. I love dark matte browns. Again, the pigmentation is not the greatest. If I were to do a smokey eye, I would have a hard time with it, going back to the color multiple, multiple times to achieve the desired look.

 

 Click below to read the step by step!

Step 1: Apply eye primer all over the lid to the brow bone. I use Mac Painterly Paint Pot. Begin by applying "Orb" to the brow bone. Then with a fluffy blending brush (Brush: Makeup Addiction "The Blender"), apply "Smoked Sepia" on the crease.

Step 2: Pack "All That Glitters" all over the lid (Brush: Makeup Addiction "The Packer")

Step 3: Then lightly blend "Showstopper" on the outer corner (Brush: Mac 217). I was not going  for a smokey eye so I didn't not build up this color for an intensified look.

Step 4: Apply eyeliner on the top lid. I used NYC Liquid Liner

Step 5: Then line the lower lash line with "Showstopper." (Brush: Makeup Addiction "The Detailer"). Also line the waterline with an eyepencil. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in "Perversion."

Step 6: Apply mascara and lashes! I wanted to add a highlight in the inner tear duct using Mac's "Ricepaper."

Melba blush didn't really show up well but it is indeed such a pretty peachy-pink color! I love it!


Lips are Ravishing and Myth. I applied Ravishing first, followed by a Myth. I didn't find the lip color drying.


Overall, I still love this kit and think it was a great investment.


1 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeousss! I love all of your looks!

    ReplyDelete